RESP Anaesthesia : Prelearning
The course is an accredited learning activity for medical continuing professional development. The course is an accredited learning activity for medical continuing professional development. The course is an accredited CME activity for : 2020- 2022. RACGP (40 Accredited CPD points) and ACRRM (PDP Advanced Life Support, 12 Performance review units, and 1 MOPS point).
The RESP-Anaesthetics course has been developed to provide CPD accredited training in the management of three anaesthetic emergencies : Perioperative Anaphylaxis, Can't Intubate, Can't Oxygenate and Cardiac Arrest. The workshop will in addition explore the procedural sedation in the emergency patient, ultrasound guided fascia iliaca block, approach to airway management and ventilation in the critically ill (hypotensive +/- hypoxic) patient and the role of human factors in resuscitation.
1. Emergency Response Activity (1) : Perioperative Anaphylaxis
2. Emergency Response Activity (2) : Can't Intubate, Can't Oxygenate
3. Emergency Response Activity (3) : Basic and Advanced CPR
4. Procedural Sedation in the Emergency Patient
5. Human Factors in Resuscitation
The online learning aims to introduce core knowledge for the workshop and provide resources for future learning.